Saturday, June 23, 2018

Getting Old Ain't for Sissies

So, I went to NYC for a week on business.  My right foot gave me grief with plantar fasciitis, which I have been dealing with for 2+ years.  But then my left ankle started hurting and felt weak.  On top of that I suffered from a localized headache on the top, back, left side of my head with pain shooting out my left ear as well.  I had that headache for about 3 weeks and finally went to the doctor.  Without telling me he gave me meds for a migraine headache and stuff for my sinuses.  They seemed to work.  I had been trying a new cholesterol/triglycerides meds and I started getting aches in my joint muscles, so I stopped taking it.  But then I started to really bad pain in the top of my right foot.  So, I went to the doctor to get my feet checked out and got a shot for the plantar and some anti-inflammatory meds for the other aches.  The shot has helped tremendously, but I am sure it is only a short term fix.  The other side, the right side, now aches in all the joints from the hip down and ice/heat therapy has been helping with that.  Then we had Cub Scout Twilight camp and I ended up with a bunch of chigger bites around my ankles and have been dealing with that pain for a few days now.  Holy Moly - does it ever stop?!  And so, GETTING OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!!










No comments: